1. The ProtoMat S63 is ideal for printed circuit board prototyping applications ranging from digital to RF and capable of producing multiple design iterations in a single day.
LPKF Laser & Electronics ProtoMat S63 milling machine.
2. The lab has the measurement Keysight N1501A Dielectric probe kit and N1500A materials measurement suit software and other fixtures for material characterization (Fig. 5). This system includes a performance probe which uses coaxial probe method. It has been tested in characterizing/extracting the permittivity, permeability, conductivity, resistivity, and loss tangent values. Broadband and anisotropic characterizations have been carried out to observe material dispersive characteristics. Of importance is that these techniques allow for small and large anisotropic sample characterization from 500 MHz and above.
Keysight N1501A Dielectric probe kit and N1500A materials measurement suit.
3. The lab has the RF probe station (MPI TS150) to measure on-chip RF circuit and antenna performance.
RF probe station (MPI TS150)
4. E8361C PNA Microwave Network Analyzer 10 MHz to 67 GHz by Agilent: The network analyzer has 94 dB of dynamic range and <0.006 dB trace noise (specified to 67 GHz, with the operation to 70 GHz). It can be used for waveguide and antenna measurements, mixer conversion loss, return loss, isolation, and absolute group delay measurements.
5. FSV Signal & Spectrum Analyzer, 9 KHz to 30 GHz by Rohde & Schwarz: Analyzing receiver signal and measuring power, the efficiency of the RF devices.
6. E4438C ESG Vector Signal Generator, 250 kHz to 6 GHz by Agilent: Provide modulation scheme (AM, FM, ASK, FSK, MSK, PSK, QAM), Generate baseband signals (80 MHz RF BW), Create reference signals (WLAN, WiMAX, W-CDMA, GSM and more).
The DEI enclosure is donated by CF Scientific, it is made by ETS Lindgren.
The iBioCASL is also a part of the MEP (MOSIS Educational Program) that provides the Integrated Circuit Fabrication facilities through different IC fabrication vendors. Currently, there are standard 0.5 um, 180 nm and 130 nm design and fabrication facilities available through MOSIS Service.
1. Tektronix TLA5202 Logic Analyzer, 2. Agilent E5061B 100 kHz - 3 GHz VNA, 3. Keysight N9000B 9 kHz - 3 GHz Spectrum Analyzer
4. Keysight N5171B 9 kHz - 3 GHz signal generator, 5. Rhode and Schwarz ESIB 26 20 Hz - 26.5 GHz EMI Test Receiver, 6. Anritsu MS2024B VNA, 7. KEITHLEY 2401 SourceMeter
8. KEYSIGHT E3630A Dual Output DC Power Supply, 9. KEYSIGHT DSOX3014A Digital Storage Oscilloscope, 10. AmScope SE400-Z Professional Binocular Stereo Microscope
1. Ansys HFSS
2. Advanced Design System
3. Cadence Virtuoso custom IC design tool
4. Altium and Eagle PCB design software